Windows is not activated with valid product key

Anonymous
2018-11-08T08:56:02+00:00

I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows.

I tried to reenter my product key but it says that I do not have a valid product key and refuse to activate my windows

Is there any solution for this?

P.S. I didn't reinstall my Windows or make any hardware change

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Licensing and activation

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-08T09:43:25+00:00

Contacted Live Agent Chat, and here is the response given

Thank you for sharing, Daniel. Microsoft has just released an Emerging issue announcement about current activation issue related to Pro edition recently. This happens in Japan, Korea, American and many other countries. I am very sorry to inform you that there is a temporary issue with Microsoft's activation server at the moment and some customers might experience this issue where Windows is displayed as not activated.

Our engineers are working tirelessly to resolve this issue and it is expected to be corrected within one to two business days, Daniel.

Hopefully it'll get fix soonest possible

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-08T21:51:23+00:00

We are aware of reports that some customers’ Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise machines are not recognizing their licenses as activated. Users may receive the following notification: “Error: you are running Windows 10 Pro, but you have valid digital license for Windows 10 Home," or one of the following error codes 0X803F8001, 0xC004C003.

We are actively working to resolve this within 24 hours. You can still use your PC; however, the watermark will appear until activation is restored. Thank you for your patience.

We will update this post with additional information as needed and once activations are restored.

Paul...

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-08T15:05:08+00:00

    I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows.

    I tried to reenter my product key but it says that I do not have a valid product key and refuse to activate my windows

    Is there any solution for this?

    P.S. I didn't reinstall my Windows or make any hardware change

    The same with me exactly today. I made a call to Microsoft and they ask about my phone number, my email, and name just to say that they cant do nothing at this time, cause a problem is really happening with the activation center server. Unbelievable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-08T15:28:11+00:00

    I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows.

    I tried to reenter my product key but it says that I do not have a valid product key and refuse to activate my windows

    Is there any solution for this?

    P.S. I didn't reinstall my Windows or make any hardware change

    The same with me exactly today. I made a call to Microsoft and they ask about my phone number, my email, and name just to say that they cant do nothing at this time, cause a problem is really happening with the activation center server. Unbelievable. 

    I also spent almost an hour with tech support on the phone. It seemed like I knew more about the server problem than they did. Since it's a "known issue" let's wait and hope for the best.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-08T16:16:11+00:00

    I bought this license and activated this Windows like 1 or 2 years ago, and it's a valid key, I had my Windows Activated and everything works perfectly until today when I saw a watermark at to bottom corner asking me to Activate Windows.

    I tried to reenter my product key but it says that I do not have a valid product key and refuse to activate my windows

    Is there any solution for this?

    P.S. I didn't reinstall my Windows or make any hardware change

    The same with me exactly today. I made a call to Microsoft and they ask about my phone number, my email, and name just to say that they cant do nothing at this time, cause a problem is really happening with the activation center server. Unbelievable. 

    I also spent almost an hour with tech support on the phone. It seemed like I knew more about the server problem than they did. Since it's a "known issue" let's wait and hope for the best.

    I agree. All we can do is wait. I went to my man cave and checked the rest of my machines and all have the same problem. I have found all four W10 keys so I was at a loss. As the kind of guy who bought Windows Millennium Edition, Windows Vista and, heaven help me, Windows 8.1 I feel this is a mean trick to play on me.

    I have had an activation problem with Windows which, by fixing they lost me activation rights on two other programs and that cost me money. Before they 'fix' this one I want to deactivate some programs so I can properly reinstall them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments