Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.

Anonymous
2018-12-20T03:19:25+00:00

I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.

______________________________________

Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-15T11:45:41+00:00

    I've also been facing this issue and have had my motherboard replaced by Dell. I have followed all the guides previously posted including trying to rollback audio drivers (not possible as this is a new laptop).

    I have noticed I am on Windows 1803 with the current version at 1809. I'm now updating to 1809 to see if this resolves the issue. Problem is I have to restart for changes to take effect so I won't know if they have worked for days/weeks potentially.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-18T14:33:03+00:00

    Is your problem already solved? I have the same..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-18T17:44:20+00:00

    I just get it when netflix is on, so I close the app

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-24T21:13:20+00:00

    I've also been facing this issue and have had my motherboard replaced by Dell. I have followed all the guides previously posted including trying to rollback audio drivers (not possible as this is a new laptop).

    I have noticed I am on Windows 1803 with the current version at 1809. I'm now updating to 1809 to see if this resolves the issue. Problem is I have to restart for changes to take effect so I won't know if they have worked for days/weeks potentially.

    I can report that today I saw my old nemesis again the "Audio renderer error" msg despite moving to 1809. I am out of ideas at the stage and will have to go back to Dell again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-06-04T19:19:29+00:00

    I am dealing with same issues, however this ALWAYS happens after watching any downloaded HD movie. Any movie that is sufficiently high definition enough will cause ALL OTHER AUDIO IN MY SYSTEM to stop working. I can still use my computer but I have to shut the windows Movies and TV down in order to restore sound back to my other programs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments