Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.

Anonymous
2018-12-20T03:19:25+00:00

I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.

______________________________________

Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-05T14:01:13+00:00

    I have a Dell XPS 13 and have the same problem. Restarting the audio service does not help, so that is not a solution. This is one of several VERY annoying things about windows 10 and this laptop. I would never buy this laptop again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-03-15T13:04:14+00:00

    The reason for this problem might differ from person to person but for me happens when I have the netflix app on. So if you have the app open just close it by pressing the X on the top right of the app. Afterwards just reload the page on youtube and you are done

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-03-31T09:59:55+00:00

    Same. I've had the Dell XPS 13 since July 2018, and it has been riddled with annoying little problems like this. I don't know if it's the laptop or Windows 10 or the combination of both, but this is my first and last Dell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-12T15:28:10+00:00

    https://youtu.be/lnjv0hTxCmA

    Visit here I have explained briefly

    Thank  you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-04-15T11:41:53+00:00

    Can't visit because we are faced with a "Audio renderer error" ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments