Yeah, when I get the message, it's not just youtube, twitter, instagram and any other website that has videos is broken. I have a Dell Inspiration 13-7359 model.
Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.
______________________________________
Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-01-31T21:53:30+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-02-05T00:56:09+00:00 Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.523. ASUS X542U-SH71-CB.
I got the same thing all of a sudden. When I went on YouTube, it said "Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer." I couldn't hear any audio from anything else on my computer either, even though I turned up the speaker volume. I tried plugging in and unplugging my headphones several times, but still no audio.
This is the first time that this happened for me. The only thing I did out of the ordinary recently is that I started up Skype through Start Menu > Apps > Skype (I don't usually use it). Not sure if related.
Restarting the Audio Service fixed the audio problem for me. Task Manager > Services > Audiosrv > right click > Restart.
-
Anonymous
2019-02-07T09:25:48+00:00 Yep, restart of the service works much faster than restart of the whole system. Thanks Jiayin!
Still not sure though if Dell and Microsoft are doing anything to resolve the underlying issue
My 2 year old Inspiron 17-7778 started having these problems in the last maybe 2 months and neither fresh/other/latest drivers solve this annoying problem
-
Anonymous
2019-02-07T11:17:01+00:00 I had this issue a couple of years ago when i first upgraded - go to Del https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/products/?app=drivers
and use their system Detect and look for BIOS update and/or firmware update - IF you need additional help or if there is more than one update - I strongly advise calling DELL suport and get one of their DELL cert techs to help choose which update is best for your system - sometimes you can tell by the update release date - i'll try to watch this thread for any issues
-
Anonymous
2019-02-15T14:43:52+00:00 This is an unsolved dell 9575 problem. Spent several evenings spinning wheel through dell's escalation levels. They assured me the problem was solved after each session but we never made any progress. Have factory reset system more than once and updated every driver and windows update there is. Had two computer experts look into it to no avail. My advice is to just get used to restarting your computer or buy a different brand of laptop. As of today there is no solution for this one. Very frustrating that dell will neither acknowledge or find a real solution for this Problem on their 2000$ laptop. Machine at least makes a pretty doorstop.