Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.

Anonymous
2018-12-20T03:19:25+00:00

I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.

______________________________________

Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-28T14:32:53+00:00

    Anyone's problem fixed??

    I'm worried about costs of even bringing it to the shop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-28T18:36:15+00:00

    After updating my BIOS on my Dell Inspiron 7000 I had one more error message but not had one since.  That was about a week ago and I was having them daily prior to that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-30T02:34:42+00:00

    Hey man this dont help 

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-31T11:24:32+00:00

    Same issue here.   I've got a Dell XPS13.    I cleared the problem a week ago with a driver update, but the problem is back again and forces me to reboot on regular basis (1-1.5 times a day)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-01-31T11:25:14+00:00

    XPS 13 here as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments