Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.

Anonymous
2018-12-20T03:19:25+00:00

I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.

______________________________________

Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-13T22:59:04+00:00

    Same laptop, Dell XPS 15 2in1 9575.  Running Windows 10 1803 update.

    I just got this to work without restarting the computer for the first time ever.

    I disabled my intel audio driver and the realtek and then immediately re-enabled.  The video audio is working now!  I might make a batch file to do this quicker.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-18T21:51:27+00:00

    I went to the Dell site and updated my BIOS as I remembered this problem started on my machine after the last time I updated.  So far, no further problems.  Fingers crossed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-19T12:40:37+00:00

    Just an update.  Didn't work.  Still got the error.  Not sure if anything is different although this time to fix it I just shut down browser (Chrome) and restarted.  Usually have to reboot computer.  Dell Inspiron 7000 series.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-25T17:50:36+00:00

    Dell XPS 13 here. Same issues. Hoping for a response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-01-27T22:08:15+00:00

    After I updated my BIOS I had the error again but only once.  In the last two weeks it hasn't happened again so maybe updating the BIOS was the fix it needed.  Was getting the error multiple times a day

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments