Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.

Anonymous
2018-12-20T03:19:25+00:00

I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.

______________________________________

Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-30T16:02:41+00:00

    I am having the same problem, began a few months ago, but only a few times.  But in the last 2 weeks it happens more and more frequently, which is really annoying. This happens when listening to iTunes, playing YouTube videos, and when using the built-in audio player.

    Lately, restarting temporarily (ie. 20-30 seconds only) fixes the problem.  From this thread, I see many others are having the same problem.  What's up with this?

    I have a Dell Inspiron  15 7000 series laptop which is about 2 years old, with latest (?) of Windows 10.

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions to fix this

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-02T20:05:37+00:00

    Right with all of you and having the same problem with my brand new Dell.  The drivers have been reinstalled several times (dealing with different Dell techs) and no fix lasts longer than a few hours.  Is this a Dell or a Windows 10 problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T17:20:30+00:00

    I have the same issue.  Brand new Dell XPS 9370.  Latest Windows 10 and drivers.

    I thought it had something to do with sleep, since it would often fail after waking up the computer.  However, recently it started happening more often, such as after pausing a video on youtube.

    It is not a browser issue, since it is an error with all audio.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-13T18:40:43+00:00

    I have a similar problem, I doubt it's the browser.

    I have the Dell XPS 15 9575, and this problem has essentially been happening since I got it, which was around November time.

    Basically every time I used my laptop, at some point a video would stop on YouTube telling me there's an ''Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.'' I've tested this on other websites, and audio with no video (like sound cloud) as well as the sound properties bit where you can check sound (if this makes sense) there's just nothing.

    Usually restarting my laptop does help, but recently there was a time where this occurred twice in one sitting. Which is worrying me because I don't want this to be a worsened problem. 

    Like someone else said, is this a dell problem or a windows 10 problem?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-01-13T21:09:06+00:00

    same laptop. same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments