Just an update. Didn't work. Still got the error. Not sure if anything is different although this time to fix it I just shut down browser (Chrome) and restarted. Usually have to reboot computer. Dell Inspiron 7000 series.
Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.
______________________________________
Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2019-01-19T12:40:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-01-18T21:51:27+00:00 I went to the Dell site and updated my BIOS as I remembered this problem started on my machine after the last time I updated. So far, no further problems. Fingers crossed!
-
Anonymous
2019-01-13T22:59:04+00:00 Same laptop, Dell XPS 15 2in1 9575. Running Windows 10 1803 update.
I just got this to work without restarting the computer for the first time ever.
I disabled my intel audio driver and the realtek and then immediately re-enabled. The video audio is working now! I might make a batch file to do this quicker.
-
Anonymous
2019-01-13T21:09:06+00:00 same laptop. same issue.
-
Anonymous
2019-01-13T18:40:43+00:00 I have a similar problem, I doubt it's the browser.
I have the Dell XPS 15 9575, and this problem has essentially been happening since I got it, which was around November time.
Basically every time I used my laptop, at some point a video would stop on YouTube telling me there's an ''Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.'' I've tested this on other websites, and audio with no video (like sound cloud) as well as the sound properties bit where you can check sound (if this makes sense) there's just nothing.
Usually restarting my laptop does help, but recently there was a time where this occurred twice in one sitting. Which is worrying me because I don't want this to be a worsened problem.
Like someone else said, is this a dell problem or a windows 10 problem?