Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.

Anonymous
2018-12-20T03:19:25+00:00

I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.

______________________________________

Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-02-15T15:33:39+00:00

    I have 2 laptops. One is Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga, and the other one is X1 Carbon. 

    I've spent the last 6 hours on fixing this problem without success. 

    The following are things that I've noticed during my attempt to repair it. 

    I have 2 Windows user accounts on each laptop (Laptop # 1 and Laptop # 2), so that's 4 Windows user accounts in total. 

    The problem occurs exclusively with Chrome, not Firefox or Microsoft Edge. 

    The problem occurs in the Chrome on my daily used Windows user account in Laptop # 1 (X1 Yoga). 

    I logged out of that account, then logged in to another Windows user account, which I don't often use. Let's call it User Account # 2. I installed a new Chrome in User Account # 2 on the same laptop. The newly installed Chrome works perfectly fine in Windows user Account # 2. 

    Please note that BOTH Windows user accounts were created on the same laptop (Laptop # 1, X1 Yoga). 

    I performed the same experiment on my second laptop (Thinkpad X1 Carbon), and I get the same result. 

    Chrome does not work on my daily used Windows user account, but when I install a new Chrome in a different Windows user account on the same laptop (Laptop # 2, Thinkpad X1 Carbon), the Chrome browser works perfectly fine. 

    I thought the problem has to do with Chrome extensions (I was wrong), so I synced the new Chrome browser with my old and problematic Chrome using the same Google account. The problem occurs only in the old Chrome on the Windows user account that I used on daily basis, not in the new Chrome on the Windows user account that I rarely use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-02-15T14:50:28+00:00

    Have seen discussions of this glitch on other boards and even people who have had the laptop replace with a new on by dell, still get the problem.  Save yourself the head ache of trying to fix this as it is impossible at the present time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-02-15T14:47:30+00:00

    Maybe that sequence (task>services>audiosrv>right click>restart) should come pinned to the taskbar of these dell laptops.  Save the user a few annoying steps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-02-15T14:43:52+00:00

    This is an unsolved dell 9575 problem.  Spent several evenings spinning wheel through dell's escalation levels. They assured me the problem was solved after each session but we never made any progress. Have factory reset system more than once and updated every driver and windows update there is.  Had two computer experts look into it to no avail.  My advice is to just get used to restarting your computer or buy a different brand of laptop. As of today there is no solution for this one.  Very frustrating that dell will neither acknowledge or find a real solution for this Problem on their 2000$ laptop. Machine at least makes a pretty doorstop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-02-07T11:17:01+00:00

    I had this issue a couple of years ago when i first upgraded - go to Del  https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/products/?app=drivers

    and use their system Detect and look for BIOS update and/or firmware update - IF you need additional help or if there is more than one update - I strongly advise calling DELL suport and get one of their DELL cert techs to help choose which update is best for your system - sometimes you can tell by the update release date - i'll try to watch this thread for any issues

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments