Asus G20 CB. I have to wait to see if the problem goes away because the problem is solved after restarting the computer but comes back after a day or so. Edit: Updating or rolling back sound driver does not help. I'm on version 1803.
Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.
I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.
______________________________________
Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-12-23T03:29:04+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-12-20T03:34:58+00:00 Hi, LasagnaLasagna,
Which software are you using when playing the videos?
Does this only happen with YouTube videos?
Have you installed updated Codecs?
Try clearing browser cache files then retry video.
https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic#desktop
Start > Type Control Panel > Press Enter
Select Troubleshooters
Run Hardware and Sound Troubleshooter
-
Anonymous
2018-12-20T03:23:29+00:00 Hi Lasagna
What is the exact make and model?
Open Start, type: system information
Hit Enter
Click System summary
Look in the right pane
Copy the system sku info into reply here.
See example: https://imgur.com/qzektpA
What is the exact make and model?
Open Start, type: system information
Hit Enter
Click System summary
Look in the right pane
Copy the system sku info into reply here.
See example: https://imgur.com/qzektpA
First, run the Playing audio troubleshoot - open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot
Scroll down, select Playing audio
Click Run the troubleshooter
When complete, restart your computer then check if audio is working again.
Press Windows key + X
Click Device Manager
Expand Sound, video and game controllers
Right click your audio adapter
Click Properties
Click the Driver tab
Is there an option rollback?
If so, click it.
Also, check to make sure the audio driver is fully updated. This is often the problem when you upgrade to a new version of Windows 10. Sometimes reinstalling the latest available driver from the manufacturers website helps.
Open Start, type: change sound card
Hit Enter
Select the Playback
Right click your Speakers
Click Set as Default Device if it isn't already
Select your speakers
Click Properties
Click the Levels tab
Use the slider to adjust level
Other options:
- Play a youtube video with the soundcard speaker jack unplugged and let it play through the laptop's inbuilt speakers.
- While it is playing, plug in the audio jack and see if it starts playing.
Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.