Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.

Anonymous
2018-12-20T03:19:25+00:00

I can't play any video or audio and I get the above message when I try to play Youtube video. Rebooting temporarily resolves the problem.

______________________________________

Hey everyone! I found a fix. Are you all using an adblocker? That turned out to be the problem. I did not get the error again after whitelisting Youtube. However, I renabled it because reloading the page and getting back to where I was before was faster than watching a 0:05-0:30 ad. At the beginning. Maybe twice. Then in the middle. And one at the end. PLEASE TRY THIS BEFORE POSTING A REPLY. xd

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T17:20:30+00:00

    I have the same issue.  Brand new Dell XPS 9370.  Latest Windows 10 and drivers.

    I thought it had something to do with sleep, since it would often fail after waking up the computer.  However, recently it started happening more often, such as after pausing a video on youtube.

    It is not a browser issue, since it is an error with all audio.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-13T22:59:04+00:00

    Same laptop, Dell XPS 15 2in1 9575.  Running Windows 10 1803 update.

    I just got this to work without restarting the computer for the first time ever.

    I disabled my intel audio driver and the realtek and then immediately re-enabled.  The video audio is working now!  I might make a batch file to do this quicker.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-13T21:09:06+00:00

    same laptop. same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-23T03:29:04+00:00

    Asus G20 CB. I have to wait to see if the problem goes away because the problem is solved after restarting the computer but comes back after a day or so.  Edit: Updating or rolling back sound driver does not help. I'm on version 1803.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-12-27T20:05:36+00:00

    I unplugged my headphones and plugged them back in and the problem was gone. 

    i have the same issue. I do not use headphones. Tried every solution i have find (with drivers manually or auto updated , deleted or not , troubleshooting, all fixes for less than a day)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments