Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal Windows 10

Anonymous
2018-11-12T10:20:38+00:00

I recently bought a used Asus Z370-A motherboard and processor and noticed I've been getting reoccuring "BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal", once with Watchdog Violation, and once with Kmode Exception Not Handled.

I believe this is a driver issue with my PCI-e express cards but it could also be an issue with my motherboard.

Can anyone take a look at my DMP file and let me know which it might be?

Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-11-12T20:35:43+00:00

    Hi Benny

    Yes you can try that if you do get another BSOD, however, please note, driver verifier can product a lot of false positives and should not be turned on long term . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-12T20:52:49+00:00

    Okay I had run Driver Verifier again and had crashed.

    Here are my new files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QZaVfqWVO\_PSIRMCUciqkvUEJxXiinyS/view?usp=sharing

    This time the error pointed to Wudfpf.sys

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-11-12T20:56:41+00:00

    Hi Benny

    In the back-end I still see rusb3xhc.sys (Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller) listed as the cause . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-12T20:58:37+00:00

    Did you look at the latest dmp file named 111218-74500-01.dmp?

    I'm not sure if I still have that driver installed since I uninstalled it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-11-12T21:04:13+00:00

    Hi Benny

    111218-74500-01.dmp lists vrtaucbl.sys as a cause, that however is non-specific as the rest of the minidump files do not list that driver, which is a virtual Audio Cable . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments