It is not uncommon for ransomware infections to sometimes fail to encrypt all data or leave ransom notes especially if the encryption process was interrupted by the victim (i.e. shutting down the computer) or the presence of installed proactive security software.
Virus .udjvu
Yesterday I was using my computer normally then suddenly a popup showed telling me that there was updates installing and I knew that it's not from Microsoft as when I opened the source from task manger I found that it's not related to Microsoft updates so I click on end task then I tried to open Windows defender but it showed this message " page not available Your IT administrator as limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. Then I found that a program called windows powershell is installed by itself .. Then the screen blacked out showing only this message when I tried to open Task manger " Task manger has been disabled by your administrator"
SO I tried to restart the my computer but couldn't open start...after managing to restart by pressing the power button for awhile to restore windows from a restore points , there was three but all failed and also repair failed so click on reset my computer but keep my files ..when it finished I found all my files "pictures , programs , pdfs, doxc, " all of it ended with this extension
.udjvu
like in the picture attached
So How can I get my files back and open them?
"when I tried to use snap tool I didn't find it"
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-12-25T14:23:40+00:00 Yes indeed , where I pressed shut down bottom immediately when I noticed my PC screen in crazy mode ,
quietman7-MVP Thank you very much for your information and looking forwarded for good news with coming soon solution to get back all my files ( doc , pdf and Jpg )
-
quietman7 MVP Alumni 19,830 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2018-12-25T14:40:23+00:00 You're welcome.
-
Anonymous
2018-12-26T02:22:54+00:00 Yesterday I was using my computer normally then suddenly a popup showed telling me that there was updates installing and I knew that it's not from Microsoft as when I opened the source from task manger I found that it's not related to Microsoft updates so I click on end task then I tried to open Windows defender but it showed this message " page not available Your IT administrator as limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. Then I found that a program called windows powershell is installed by itself .. Then the screen blacked out showing only this message when I tried to open Task manger " Task manger has been disabled by your administrator"
SO I tried to restart the my computer but couldn't open start...after managing to restart by pressing the power button for awhile to restore windows from a restore points , there was three but all failed and also repair failed so click on reset my computer but keep my files ..when it finished I found all my files "pictures , programs , pdfs, doxc, " all of it ended with this extension
.udjvu
like in the picture attached
So How can I get my files back and open them?
"when I tried to use snap tool I didn't find it"
Hello
I experienced the same problem and I restored m windows to a restore point 2 days back..
still files are not accessable.
thanx for all the info shared... Hope we find a solution soon
-
Anonymous
2018-12-27T07:15:27+00:00 Kindly try to help , yesterday at my work my pc had attacked with ransomware new files extention , it is used . JGYIH ,
Now I had attached twice at my home pc .udjvu and my work pc .JGYIH
What is happening ? IS THIS CHRISTMASS GIFT FROM SANTA.....?
Is this new war ? information war.....
I hate this kind of technology which squeeze our live .
Kindly , add this new ransomware at your archive , where you have no soloution ......!
Merry Christmas and happy New year 2019.
Thanks