I see you added this new variant to the discussion, I'll try to be updated of any new articles on Bleeping computer
Virus .udjvu
Yesterday I was using my computer normally then suddenly a popup showed telling me that there was updates installing and I knew that it's not from Microsoft as when I opened the source from task manger I found that it's not related to Microsoft updates so I click on end task then I tried to open Windows defender but it showed this message " page not available Your IT administrator as limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. Then I found that a program called windows powershell is installed by itself .. Then the screen blacked out showing only this message when I tried to open Task manger " Task manger has been disabled by your administrator"
SO I tried to restart the my computer but couldn't open start...after managing to restart by pressing the power button for awhile to restore windows from a restore points , there was three but all failed and also repair failed so click on reset my computer but keep my files ..when it finished I found all my files "pictures , programs , pdfs, doxc, " all of it ended with this extension
.udjvu
like in the picture attached
So How can I get my files back and open them?
"when I tried to use snap tool I didn't find it"
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-12-24T19:27:53+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-12-25T08:20:43+00:00 HI
my computer have been infected by ransomware which renamed all files to .djvuu
is there any solution to recover my files
thanks a lot for help.
-
Anonymous
2018-12-25T08:47:14+00:00 Hi moataz
I'm from Egypt too,definitely from damietta
Kindly , keep me online with you if you get solution.
-
quietman7 MVP Alumni 19,830 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2018-12-25T09:49:46+00:00 Please read my previous replies. At this time there is no way to decrypt your files without paying the ransom.
-
Anonymous
2018-12-25T11:51:29+00:00 For my infection case , I did not have any message asking for paying the ransom.