HI
my computer have been infected by ransomware which renamed all files to .djvuu
is there any solution to recover my files
thanks a lot for help.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Yesterday I was using my computer normally then suddenly a popup showed telling me that there was updates installing and I knew that it's not from Microsoft as when I opened the source from task manger I found that it's not related to Microsoft updates so I click on end task then I tried to open Windows defender but it showed this message " page not available Your IT administrator as limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. Then I found that a program called windows powershell is installed by itself .. Then the screen blacked out showing only this message when I tried to open Task manger " Task manger has been disabled by your administrator"
SO I tried to restart the my computer but couldn't open start...after managing to restart by pressing the power button for awhile to restore windows from a restore points , there was three but all failed and also repair failed so click on reset my computer but keep my files ..when it finished I found all my files "pictures , programs , pdfs, doxc, " all of it ended with this extension
.udjvu
like in the picture attached
So How can I get my files back and open them?
"when I tried to use snap tool I didn't find it"
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
HI
my computer have been infected by ransomware which renamed all files to .djvuu
is there any solution to recover my files
thanks a lot for help.
I see you added this new variant to the discussion, I'll try to be updated of any new articles on Bleeping computer
Hi Amany,
Strangely, I'm from Egypt too, yesterday morning there was just one result on google about this variant of virus, after a lot of search on other variants like .djvu not ( .udjvu) I found all sites try to remove the virus but not decrypt and very few forms that actually have been decrypted so, I think the right move to do right now is to backup your important files to external hard drive then rest your windows from scratch in the hope there will be a decrypter in the future as said above. Try upload your important files from now and then to the cloud. Also don't forget to cover your web-camera. In the future if I managed to decrypt any of the files I will contact you.
As I noted previously, there is an ongoing discussion in this topic where victims can post comments, ask questions and seek further assistance. Other victims have been directed there to share information, experiences and suggestions.
Currently, the .udjvu variant is not decryptable. When or if a decryption solution is found, that information will be provided in the above support topic and victims will receive notification if subscribed to it. In addition, a news article most likely will be posted on the Bleeping Computer front page.
Hi Moataz,
I had attacked too with the same .udjvu which paralyze all my files ,pdf , doc , jpg
Kindly , if you get any results to solve this problem keep me online with you , I am from Egypt and I will do the same for you , who arrive first help other .
Thanks and all the best of Good luck
Amany Abdelaziz