Virus .udjvu

Anonymous
2018-12-23T10:14:35+00:00

Yesterday I was using my computer normally then suddenly a popup showed telling me that there was updates installing and I knew that it's not from Microsoft  as when I opened the source from task manger I found that it's not related to Microsoft updates so I click on end task then I tried to open Windows defender but it showed this message " page not available Your IT administrator as limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. Then I found that a program called windows powershell is installed by itself .. Then the screen blacked out showing only this message when I tried to open Task manger " Task manger has been disabled by your administrator" 

SO I tried to restart the my computer but couldn't open start...after managing to restart by pressing the  power button for awhile to restore windows from a restore points , there was three but all failed and also repair failed so click on reset my computer but keep my files ..when it finished I found all my files "pictures , programs , pdfs, doxc, " all of it ended with this extension

.udjvu

like in the picture attached 

So How can I get my files back and open them?

"when I tried to use snap tool I didn't find it"

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. quietman7 MVP Alumni 19,830 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2019-01-14T12:07:24+00:00

    When dealing with ransomware, recovering one of two encrypted files by renaming them is not uncommon but in most cases doing so does not work...it typically results in additional problems with file corruption and complicates possible decryption should a future free solution become available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. quietman7 MVP Alumni 19,830 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2019-01-14T12:04:04+00:00

    You're welcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-14T10:43:07+00:00

    Hi , did you fix it , have same probleme , i just rename fils and it s look fine , remove .udjvu keep the other

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-14T09:43:37+00:00

    Thank you very very much... Really appreciate your advice..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more