Virus .udjvu

Anonymous
2018-12-23T10:14:35+00:00

Yesterday I was using my computer normally then suddenly a popup showed telling me that there was updates installing and I knew that it's not from Microsoft  as when I opened the source from task manger I found that it's not related to Microsoft updates so I click on end task then I tried to open Windows defender but it showed this message " page not available Your IT administrator as limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. Then I found that a program called windows powershell is installed by itself .. Then the screen blacked out showing only this message when I tried to open Task manger " Task manger has been disabled by your administrator" 

SO I tried to restart the my computer but couldn't open start...after managing to restart by pressing the  power button for awhile to restore windows from a restore points , there was three but all failed and also repair failed so click on reset my computer but keep my files ..when it finished I found all my files "pictures , programs , pdfs, doxc, " all of it ended with this extension

.udjvu

like in the picture attached 

So How can I get my files back and open them?

"when I tried to use snap tool I didn't find it"

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-12-23T10:24:30+00:00

    Hi moatazgamal34

    I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, you have been hit with a ransomware attack

    Has a ransom notice popped up no your screen?

    There is currently no decrypter for this new variant of GandCrab, those files will not be currently recoverable . . .

    Your only option now is to backup your files to another drive, in the hope that in the future a decrypter will become available . ..

    You will need to wipe all drives attached to your PC to remove this malware and then clean install Windows 10 and all your applications . ..

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more