Virus .udjvu

Anonymous
2018-12-23T10:14:35+00:00

Yesterday I was using my computer normally then suddenly a popup showed telling me that there was updates installing and I knew that it's not from Microsoft  as when I opened the source from task manger I found that it's not related to Microsoft updates so I click on end task then I tried to open Windows defender but it showed this message " page not available Your IT administrator as limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. Then I found that a program called windows powershell is installed by itself .. Then the screen blacked out showing only this message when I tried to open Task manger " Task manger has been disabled by your administrator" 

SO I tried to restart the my computer but couldn't open start...after managing to restart by pressing the  power button for awhile to restore windows from a restore points , there was three but all failed and also repair failed so click on reset my computer but keep my files ..when it finished I found all my files "pictures , programs , pdfs, doxc, " all of it ended with this extension

.udjvu

like in the picture attached 

So How can I get my files back and open them?

"when I tried to use snap tool I didn't find it"

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-27T19:25:09+00:00

    Every folder at my pc work had attached completely  and there are .txt file I send in attachment  contain instruction for payment 

    And each file has .jgyih as extra extention after file name , tomorrow I will upload a photo for my new complete infection 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-27T18:58:40+00:00

    Same problem with me. Please help once someone will get key 

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. quietman7 MVP Alumni 19,830 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-12-27T11:57:49+00:00

    Your home PC was infected with a STOP Ransomware variant using the .udjvu extension.

    Your work PC apparently was infected with a differect ransomware which appears to use a random extension. More information is needed to determine specifically what infection you are dealing with since there are several different ransomware infections which append a random 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc character extension to the end of all affected filenames (i.e. CTB-Locker, Crypt0L0cker, Magniber, GandCrab V5, CryptON (Cry9, Cry36, Cry128, Nemesis), Skull, MrDec (Mr.Dec), SynAck, Maktub Locker, Alma Locker, Princess Locker, Princess Evolution, Locked-In, Mischa, Goldeneye, Al-Namrood 2.0, Cerber v4x/v5x and some Xorist variants).

    The best way to identify the different ransomwares that use "random character extensions" is the ransom note (including it's name), samples of the encrypted files, any obvious extensions appended to the encrypted files, information related to any email addresses or hyperlinks provided by the cyber-criminals to request payment and the malware file responsible for the infection.

    You can submit (upload) samples of encrypted files, ransom notes and any contact email addresses or hyperlinks provided by the cyber-criminals to ID Ransomware (IDR) for assistance with identification and confirmation of the infection. This is a service that helps identify what ransomware may have encrypted your files, whether it is decryptable and then attempts to direct you to an appropriate support topic where you can seek further assistance.

    Crypto malware (ransomware) and other forms of malware spread via a variety of common vectors...opening a malicious or spam email attachment, executing a malcious file, exploits, exploit kits, web exploits, malvertising campaigns, fileless malware, non-malware attack, drive-by downloads, social engineering, and RDP bruteforce attacks against servers particularly by those involved with the development and spread of ransomware.

    Section 2 in this topic explains in more detail the most common methods Crypto malware (file encrypting ransomware) is typically delivered and spread.

    The best defensive strategy to protect yourself from malware and ransomware (crypto malware) infection is a comprehensive approach to include prevention. Make sure you are running an updated anti-virus and anti-malware product, update all vulnerable software, use supplemental security tools with anti-exploitation features capable of stopping (preventing) infection before it can cause any damage, close/disable Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) if you do not need it and routinely backup your data...then disconnect the external drive when the backup is completed. If you must use RDP, the best way to secure it is to either whitelist IP's on a firewall or not expose it to the Internet. Put RDP behind a firewall, only allow RDP from local traffic, setup a VPN to the firewall, use an RDP gateway, change the default RDP port (TCP 3389) and enforce strong password policies, especially on any admin accounts or those with RDP privileges.

    .

    For more suggestions to protect yourself from malware and ransomware (crypto malware) infection, see my comments (Post #14) in this topic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-27T07:15:27+00:00

    Kindly try to help , yesterday at my work my pc had attacked with ransomware  new files extention  , it is  used . JGYIH ,

    Now I had attached twice at my home pc .udjvu  and my work pc .JGYIH

    What is happening ?  IS THIS CHRISTMASS GIFT  FROM SANTA.....?

    Is this  new war ?  information war.....

     I hate this kind of technology which squeeze our live .

    Kindly , add this new ransomware at your archive , where you have  no soloution ......!

    Merry Christmas and happy New year 2019.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-12-26T02:22:54+00:00

    Yesterday I was using my computer normally then suddenly a popup showed telling me that there was updates installing and I knew that it's not from Microsoft  as when I opened the source from task manger I found that it's not related to Microsoft updates so I click on end task then I tried to open Windows defender but it showed this message " page not available Your IT administrator as limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information. Then I found that a program called windows powershell is installed by itself .. Then the screen blacked out showing only this message when I tried to open Task manger " Task manger has been disabled by your administrator" 

    SO I tried to restart the my computer but couldn't open start...after managing to restart by pressing the  power button for awhile to restore windows from a restore points , there was three but all failed and also repair failed so click on reset my computer but keep my files ..when it finished I found all my files "pictures , programs , pdfs, doxc, " all of it ended with this extension

    .udjvu

    like in the picture attached 

    So How can I get my files back and open them?

    "when I tried to use snap tool I didn't find it"

    Hello

    I experienced the same problem and I restored m windows to a restore point 2 days back..

    still files are not accessable.

    thanx for all the info shared... Hope we find a solution soon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments