This is really the summit. I'm changing to whatever linux distro TODAY.
Unable to disable Focus Assist
The Alarm App is a vital to me. I uses it for medication reminders. It has work flawlessly for me for a year. The Windows 10 update that introduced Focus Assist has rendered it useless. I've turned off all the options in Focus Assist. I've turned it completely off in the settings menu. I've been through forums, Google searches, I've tried everything I have found. This damn focus assist keeps turning itself back on and I'm missing my crucial alarms for when I NEED to take my pills. I toggle the feature to Off from the system tray and it stays off for about 1-2 seconds and then it switches from Off to the moon symbol. I need to destroy this feature. A DLL to delete, a service to uninstall, a registry edit.... Anything would be helpful. This focus assist garbage is breaking key essential apps that used to work fine.
***Modified title from: How Do I utterly remove, disable, break Focus Assist?***
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2019-07-30T09:32:30+00:00 -
Anonymous
2019-08-13T21:48:19+00:00 Thank you for sharing. Could you now share with me how to force the May 2019 update. I assume my updates are current; yet, I continue to have the same issue as you and many others did.
Donna
-
Anonymous
2019-08-17T15:01:42+00:00 Upgrading to 1903 broke this for me. Have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q and Windows thinks the desktop is a full screen app and enables Focus Assist for all profiles.
-
Anonymous
2019-08-17T22:08:48+00:00 Upgrading to 1903 broke this for me. Have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q and Windows thinks the desktop is a full screen app and enables Focus Assist for all profiles.
I also have an RTX 2070. A Founders Edition. Anyone that doesn’t have a dedicated GPU have this problem?
-
Anonymous
2019-08-17T22:17:37+00:00 Upgrading to 1903 broke this for me. Have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q and Windows thinks the desktop is a full screen app and enables Focus Assist for all profiles.
There is a possible workaround for this. If you have GeForce Experience installed, open it up and disable "in-game overlay" in the General settings. When I do this, it stops Windows 10 from thinking the desktop is 'full screen' mode.
Myself and many others have reported this problem in the Microsoft Feedback Hub.