Unable to disable Focus Assist

Anonymous
2018-12-21T14:27:49+00:00

The Alarm App is a vital to me. I uses it for medication reminders. It has work flawlessly for me for a year. The Windows 10 update that introduced Focus Assist has rendered it useless. I've turned off all the options in Focus Assist. I've turned it completely off in the settings menu. I've been through forums, Google searches, I've tried everything I have found. This damn focus assist keeps turning itself back on and I'm missing my crucial alarms for when I NEED to take my pills. I toggle the feature to Off from the system tray and it stays off for about 1-2 seconds and then it switches from Off to the moon symbol. I need to destroy this feature. A DLL to delete, a service to uninstall, a registry edit.... Anything would be helpful. This focus assist garbage is breaking key essential apps that used to work fine.   

***Modified title from: How Do I utterly remove, disable, break Focus Assist?***

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-13T21:48:19+00:00

    Thank  you for sharing.  Could you now share with me how to force the May 2019 update.  I assume my updates are current; yet, I continue to have the same issue as you and many others did.

    Donna

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-07-30T09:32:30+00:00

    This is really the summit. I'm changing to whatever linux distro TODAY.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-07-13T02:32:14+00:00

    same here... it is off until i click to show desktop or manually minimize the last window that is still showing... of course closing all apps does it to, but it seems to be something with showing the desktop.

    Microsoft, you need to fix this. This is a bug that has been there for going on for a while. Give us an option to permenantly disable this or stop the service from running and starting up automatically.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-07-06T20:20:31+00:00

    The desktop turns on Focus Assist. If you show desktop or close all apps, Focus Assist turns on. Forget the troubleshooting, tried it all, it's bugged.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-07-01T22:40:23+00:00

    Pleas I need also to disable definitively this ******

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments