Unable to disable Focus Assist

Anonymous
2018-12-21T14:27:49+00:00

The Alarm App is a vital to me. I uses it for medication reminders. It has work flawlessly for me for a year. The Windows 10 update that introduced Focus Assist has rendered it useless. I've turned off all the options in Focus Assist. I've turned it completely off in the settings menu. I've been through forums, Google searches, I've tried everything I have found. This damn focus assist keeps turning itself back on and I'm missing my crucial alarms for when I NEED to take my pills. I toggle the feature to Off from the system tray and it stays off for about 1-2 seconds and then it switches from Off to the moon symbol. I need to destroy this feature. A DLL to delete, a service to uninstall, a registry edit.... Anything would be helpful. This focus assist garbage is breaking key essential apps that used to work fine.   

***Modified title from: How Do I utterly remove, disable, break Focus Assist?***

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-20T18:50:47+00:00

    My son went into the nividia geforce settings and turned it off and it works

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-14T20:17:03+00:00

    Same thing, it was working and suddenly stopped one day. Keeps turning on focus assist even if i have disabled it and all off the auto features and they keep coming back on.  Have tried updates and rebooting nothing works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-12T08:35:45+00:00

    How terrible is Windows Notifications?  In addition to creating a "Focus Assist" which does exactly not that, its own products suffer from its utilization.  For instance, Excel just prompted me to take a survey, but upon clicking it to participate in the survey, nothing appears.

    🤷‍♂️

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-06T16:36:50+00:00

    "Me too" ... in 2 of my instances running May 2004 I am running into this issue.  Focus assist is "Off" but I still get nags every other hour or so it seems.  Trying the "When I'm using an app in full screen mode" (even though I don't) disable to see if that works.  Following this thread in any case.

    EDIT: Disabling "When I'm using an app in full screen mode" (even though I don't :P ) along with setting Focus Assist to "Off" did the trick for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-12T11:32:53+00:00

    Same problem with me.  Tried all the fixes in this thread, but nothing seems to work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments