Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Anonymous
2018-12-03T14:46:47+00:00

I'm trying to recover data from an unbootable laptop with a eMMC drive. I can now see the drive and wish to copy it to my Seagate Backup Drive, but I have no mouse.

the Ctl + C & Ctrl + V from C: to Seagate do not operate. Also when I opened up te C: Drive it did not list all files :

How do I copy the C: Drive onto my Seagate Backup USB Drive?

And then how do I see the files that must be there but are not listed?

If you can answer in part I would be grateful.

Transferring data from eMMC  C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T16:39:09+00:00

    I have been watching a video - some elements are different, but basically the same:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKXJR94QIus

    I appear to have 4 processors, all the same:

    I think I need to choose the first option of these four for disk cloning:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T17:10:49+00:00

    Hi,

    I wouldn't clone your drive... It would not serve much of any purpose I don't think...

    It would require losing all of the data on another drive for one thing... It may allow accessing the files on the drive it is cloned to though..

    Your eMMC drive should be the one listed in the picture you posted...

    The one identified as "ROOT"...

    The folders you see in the picture should be the "Documents" folder on your eMMC drive... I will check mine to verify this and post back...

    My "File Manager" is a lot different as far as the drives\folders are concerned..

    I have 4 drives with multiple partitions on most...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T17:32:10+00:00

    I've got that image up again.  When I clicked Documents nothing was listed.  Same with the other folders.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T17:37:38+00:00

    Hi,

    After checking... You are correct... the eMMC drive is not there...

    I can only think that it is totally dead...

    You could try the "Partition Editor" and click on the button on the top right to select drives and see if it is there, but I doubt it will appear...

    I will do some more checking and see if I can figure out any other possibilities...

    BTW... You are seeing four processors exactly the same because your CPU\Processor, is a "Quad Core", and each "Core" will appear as a separate processor..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T17:51:51+00:00

    Hi,

    I can only suggest that you run the "Disk Health" on the upper left, next to "File Manager"... It will list all available drives in a more understandable method...

    The eMMC drive should be clearly listed as a 32GB or so drive... If not, I'm afraid that it is gone...

    If the drive will not appear, I don't think you can even try a "Partition Recovery"...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments