Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Anonymous
2018-12-03T14:46:47+00:00

I'm trying to recover data from an unbootable laptop with a eMMC drive. I can now see the drive and wish to copy it to my Seagate Backup Drive, but I have no mouse.

the Ctl + C & Ctrl + V from C: to Seagate do not operate. Also when I opened up te C: Drive it did not list all files :

How do I copy the C: Drive onto my Seagate Backup USB Drive?

And then how do I see the files that must be there but are not listed?

If you can answer in part I would be grateful.

Transferring data from eMMC  C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-03T15:44:08+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-03T15:41:46+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-12-03T15:27:01+00:00

    Hi,

    My experience with devices like a Tablet type PC is that I need to use a wall powered USB 2.0 hub to plug the needed stuff into...

    Most of the Bluetooth stuff, touchpad, touch screen, and etc will not work when booting with Installation\Repair Media...

    I plug the Installation Media Flash Drive, Mouse, Keyboard, external drive, and anything else needed into the hub...

    If you physically don't have a USB mouse, cheapo ones are available for as little as $2.00...

    I am not 100% sure how to show hidden files from a command prompt, but if you copy the entire eMMC drive (C:) to your external drive they will get copied... You can then set the Seagate to show hidden files to make sure they copied...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-03T15:26:16+00:00

    Thank you.  Problem still needs a solution, Please keep thinking as I've got some data that urgently needs to be extracted

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-12-03T15:14:43+00:00

    We are here to delete to delete those as we notice that, but it might take a while. 

    Apologies for the inconvenience :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments