Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Anonymous
2018-12-03T14:46:47+00:00

I'm trying to recover data from an unbootable laptop with a eMMC drive. I can now see the drive and wish to copy it to my Seagate Backup Drive, but I have no mouse.

the Ctl + C & Ctrl + V from C: to Seagate do not operate. Also when I opened up te C: Drive it did not list all files :

How do I copy the C: Drive onto my Seagate Backup USB Drive?

And then how do I see the files that must be there but are not listed?

If you can answer in part I would be grateful.

Transferring data from eMMC  C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T15:09:39+00:00

    Hi,

    At the screen you provided, just hit enter... or just wait a few seconds, and Parted magic will start loading...

    You will eventually see a "Desktop" that looks like this...

    You can select any time zone, or just use it like it is...

    On the upper left corner of the screen you will see "File Manager"... Double click it just like you would in Windows... Parted magic works a lot like windows...

    File manager will look something like this... But these are my drives... just for reference...

    Select what you want to copy to another external drive, and use Copy and Paste just like windows... The menus look different, but works the same...

    I would have posted a couple more pictures, but my camera just died... Another project to work on today...

    Any problems, feel free to ask...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T13:20:46+00:00

    I've done that, and now Parted Magic shows up on my computer, which option should I choose (please give me a list of the next options too) so I can safely discover and save my data?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-01T22:08:18+00:00

    Hi,

    The best way to do it would be to download a free tool called RUFUS... Just do a search... It does not install... just runs...

    Insert your flash drive before launching RUFUS... Browse to the downloaded ISO, and use all Default options...

    Use all default options with Parted Magic as well...

    Here is an image of the completed burn... Mine will be slightly different s far as some of the names, but this is what your burn options should look like...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-01T17:42:28+00:00

    I've downloaded Parted Magic from https://partedmagic.com/ How do I install it on to a USB stick?  

    It doesn't look obvious as it normally does.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-12-18T21:41:37+00:00

    Hi,

    Good luck with that when you get the chance to give it a try..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments