Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Anonymous
2018-12-03T14:46:47+00:00

I'm trying to recover data from an unbootable laptop with a eMMC drive. I can now see the drive and wish to copy it to my Seagate Backup Drive, but I have no mouse.

the Ctl + C & Ctrl + V from C: to Seagate do not operate. Also when I opened up te C: Drive it did not list all files :

How do I copy the C: Drive onto my Seagate Backup USB Drive?

And then how do I see the files that must be there but are not listed?

If you can answer in part I would be grateful.

Transferring data from eMMC  C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T17:10:49+00:00

    Hi,

    I wouldn't clone your drive... It would not serve much of any purpose I don't think...

    It would require losing all of the data on another drive for one thing... It may allow accessing the files on the drive it is cloned to though..

    Your eMMC drive should be the one listed in the picture you posted...

    The one identified as "ROOT"...

    The folders you see in the picture should be the "Documents" folder on your eMMC drive... I will check mine to verify this and post back...

    My "File Manager" is a lot different as far as the drives\folders are concerned..

    I have 4 drives with multiple partitions on most...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T16:39:09+00:00

    I have been watching a video - some elements are different, but basically the same:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKXJR94QIus

    I appear to have 4 processors, all the same:

    I think I need to choose the first option of these four for disk cloning:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T16:12:09+00:00

    I've got similar.  I cannot see where my eMMC Drive is to copy it.  You appear to have a longer list.

    Do I click on Disk Cloning?  Will that do it, and if so can you give me instructions please, or if not tell me what else to do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T15:54:42+00:00

    Hi,

    The default setting for parted magic is to run from memory... The second option is to run from the flash drive, which is a lot slower...

    Either way it does not overwrite anything...

    The camera had a bad battery connection... It is working again, but I don't know for how long... I should be able to find a work around for it should the problem happen again...

    Or get a new camera... I've been thinking about doing that anyway..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T15:36:29+00:00

    Thank you for all of that and for going to so much trouble too, I will allow it to run, got scared when it just went off automatically and shut the computer down thinking it was about to over write everything.  I'm thinking of you and your camera now hoping it's not serious and can be easily solved.  What has happened to it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments