Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Anonymous
2018-12-03T14:46:47+00:00

I'm trying to recover data from an unbootable laptop with a eMMC drive. I can now see the drive and wish to copy it to my Seagate Backup Drive, but I have no mouse.

the Ctl + C & Ctrl + V from C: to Seagate do not operate. Also when I opened up te C: Drive it did not list all files :

How do I copy the C: Drive onto my Seagate Backup USB Drive?

And then how do I see the files that must be there but are not listed?

If you can answer in part I would be grateful.

Transferring data from eMMC  C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T22:05:12+00:00

    Hi,

    I think that either the eMMC is not getting power, or it has failed...

    The only other thing I can suggest would be to check in the Bios of the machine and see if it appears there... Or if somehow it got turned off, which I don't think is possible...

    If it were a normal drive I would suggest checking the connection, but I am sure that it is soldered in... Not counting the difficulty of getting to it...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T20:44:52+00:00

    Yes, that UUI in C was a boot up USB.  I need to do another long think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T19:59:02+00:00

    Hi,

    The processors are a different chip than the eMMc, which is basically another name for a SSD... It has a controller that has probably failed, and is not appearing as a result...

    If the eMMC is not appearing, everything else is not going to work... You need to be able to select the OS partition on the eMMC to clone, recover, copy, or whatever...

    The System Profiler has a button for Storage Devices... All of my drives show up there...

    If your eMMC does not, it has failed, unfortunately..

    I just noticed that in your original picture of the Notepad in Command Prompt that your OS partition is not showing... The UUI that is highlighted is not the OS partition...

    It is only 3.73GB which is way too small... It must be some type of a Repair partition, but it is no longer showing either...

    The fact that it is labeled UUI (C:) doesn't make it windows... The command prompt feature does not use the normal drive letter sequence that Windows does when it launches...

    The OS partition would be at least 25GB...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T18:14:58+00:00

    As we're not winning any other way - but cloning did pause with a block pixel pausing indefinitely it seemed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-01-03T18:02:45+00:00

    I'm now getting a Libparted Error

    Could not stat device/dev/sda - No such file or directory

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments