Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Anonymous
2018-12-03T14:46:47+00:00

I'm trying to recover data from an unbootable laptop with a eMMC drive. I can now see the drive and wish to copy it to my Seagate Backup Drive, but I have no mouse.

the Ctl + C & Ctrl + V from C: to Seagate do not operate. Also when I opened up te C: Drive it did not list all files :

How do I copy the C: Drive onto my Seagate Backup USB Drive?

And then how do I see the files that must be there but are not listed?

If you can answer in part I would be grateful.

Transferring data from eMMC  C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-01T22:08:18+00:00

    Hi,

    The best way to do it would be to download a free tool called RUFUS... Just do a search... It does not install... just runs...

    Insert your flash drive before launching RUFUS... Browse to the downloaded ISO, and use all Default options...

    Use all default options with Parted Magic as well...

    Here is an image of the completed burn... Mine will be slightly different s far as some of the names, but this is what your burn options should look like...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-01T17:42:28+00:00

    I've downloaded Parted Magic from https://partedmagic.com/ How do I install it on to a USB stick?  

    It doesn't look obvious as it normally does.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-12-18T21:41:37+00:00

    Hi,

    Good luck with that when you get the chance to give it a try..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-18T17:32:51+00:00

    I got so behind with other stuff including Christmas so have not been able to try Parted Magic, dealing with computers with precious data on can be very frustrating and also upsetting when you are running out of options and are on a steep learning curve.  I don't feel very merry with it, so decided as the next stage after this is also very critical to get correct and will involve a lot to learn, so is best in the calm of the New Year when there is nothing else to be done or plans to be made.  May get a chance in the lull of the in between phase, I hope so, getting my data is all I want for Christmas.  Thank you so much for all your help and advice, so far, hope you have a Very Good One and a Happy New Year too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-12-17T01:30:26+00:00

    Hi,

    Just wondering how you made out with this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments