Transferring data from eMMC C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Anonymous
2018-12-03T14:46:47+00:00

I'm trying to recover data from an unbootable laptop with a eMMC drive. I can now see the drive and wish to copy it to my Seagate Backup Drive, but I have no mouse.

the Ctl + C & Ctrl + V from C: to Seagate do not operate. Also when I opened up te C: Drive it did not list all files :

How do I copy the C: Drive onto my Seagate Backup USB Drive?

And then how do I see the files that must be there but are not listed?

If you can answer in part I would be grateful.

Transferring data from eMMC  C: Drive to a Seagate Backup USB Drive - the computer won't boot without a Windows 10 USB stick

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-03T16:44:05+00:00

    Hi,

    I use Notepad from the command prompt... I've never had a problem with copy\paste when using it... Just the mouse\keyboard issues mentioned, and those only happen with my Tablet...

    The Ctrl+V method may not be working simply because you can not click on the drive with the mouse or other device to select it properly...

    I don't think a USB 3.0 Hub would be a problem... I have used both 2.0 and 3.0 hubs for this purpose, and both worked the same... My Tablet only has a single USB 2.0 port...

    There is a bootable 3rd party Utility program called Parted Magic that has a "File Explorer" function that would allow copying the needed files if necessary... My memory is that it shows all hidden files without any special steps as it is Linux based and does not recognize restrictions imposed by Windows...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-03T16:39:40+00:00

    So can you do a custom install then?

    it will not wipe the drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-12-03T16:17:35+00:00

    I've order a 3.0 USB powered hub, the one with 7 hubs is actually cheaper than the one with 4, and I'll give that a go.

    I was advised to view via notepad.exe or wordpad.exe 

    Do you think that is why I cannot copy the drive, as it only allows you to open it?

    Is there a better way?  

    And how do I access the drive using an alternative route?

    One that has Copy and Paste functionality?

    Is there a .exe I can input into the Command prompt to do this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-03T15:44:08+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-12-03T15:41:46+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments