Thanks Craig! They do appear with the test windows profile and work perfectly fine. There are many folders that have the problem so it is not an easy task to take out and put back - but given they appear fine in the Windows test profile perfectly fine, that's why Office 365 believes there is an issue with my Windows profile. I just can't get the Windows team to look into it - just need to figure out how to get a competent windows tech on the phone (or in here) to actually file a ticket to investigate if my Windows profile needs to be re-synched (what Office 365 thinks). After 2 hours on the phone with Windows and them clearly not wanting to do anything and "closing the ticket" when the issue is not resolved, I gave up. But maybe I just need to call another number or ask for a second supervisor (it was a supervisor I was speaking with).
Thanks for investigating!