Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD

Anonymous
2018-10-18T21:53:48+00:00

Hello community members,

I have a toshiba satelite L850 1DV and I though to upgrade it with an SSD and additional RAM. The RAM so far was OK working perfectly with the old toshiba HDD, to be expected as it was suggested by the retailer from whom I bought the laptop.

But the Patriot Burst 240 GB SSD that I choose has made me crazy. It keeps freezing my laptop every now and then and giving me a bluescreen and whatever I try doesnt work.

Firmaware is updated, checked the patriots tool, I have installed Intel RST and disabled LPM, have changed the advanced power settings, have disabled disk indexing and all the things that come as solutions in a google search for that matter. Have checked the disk for errors through cmd and patriots tool. Also please note that I have kept me old HDD as second drive for more space through a HDD optical disk caddy.

So could anyone please help and give me any insights because I need to be able to work and save files on this laptop for my studies.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-23T23:33:45+00:00

    Well I bought the SSD brand new but I thought it my problem no the SSD so I dont know if the will accept it back, its been more than 2 months that I bought.

    Also, one last thought I bought this laptop in 2012 with windows 7 and then I got the free update version of windows 10 and now everytime I install windows I dont put a product key I think it activates from my microsoft account something like that, but somewhere I read that its linked to your hardware is this true? may that be causing any problems? Cause I have windows installed in both drives and activated with the same microsoft account.

    and I tried the intel driver auggy suggested in compatibility mode and stiil freeezed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-24T02:27:11+00:00

    Hi,

    That depends on where you bought it... Some stores have a 30 day return policy, but others have a lot longer...

    Some will exchange a product for a longer period of time than they will refund your money.. The manufacturer should have at least a one year warranty on the SSD, but that could take awhile to get a replacement..

    I would certainly check...

    If you got the free upgrade from Windows to Windows 10, your machine is in fact Activated based on it's hardware ID... This normally doesn't apply to something like a HDD or SSD though... Mostly motherboard replacement..

    Your machine should not be doing what it is doing whether it is activated or not.. Not being activated usually only effects stuff like Apps not working and similar... It does not effect hardware functioning...

    Personally, I would not even use the Intel RapidStart, or even install it, unless it is required for some special feature to work...

    Windows 10 has a built in feature that works better, called Fast Startup...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments