Hi,
One detail I forgot to mention about the SSD settings...
The SSD and\or HDD must be "Initialized" properly before being Formatted, specifically for the type of Bios your are using...
"GPT" for "UEFI" Bios, and "MBR" for the older "Legacy" Bios..
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello community members,
I have a toshiba satelite L850 1DV and I though to upgrade it with an SSD and additional RAM. The RAM so far was OK working perfectly with the old toshiba HDD, to be expected as it was suggested by the retailer from whom I bought the laptop.
But the Patriot Burst 240 GB SSD that I choose has made me crazy. It keeps freezing my laptop every now and then and giving me a bluescreen and whatever I try doesnt work.
Firmaware is updated, checked the patriots tool, I have installed Intel RST and disabled LPM, have changed the advanced power settings, have disabled disk indexing and all the things that come as solutions in a google search for that matter. Have checked the disk for errors through cmd and patriots tool. Also please note that I have kept me old HDD as second drive for more space through a HDD optical disk caddy.
So could anyone please help and give me any insights because I need to be able to work and save files on this laptop for my studies.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi,
One detail I forgot to mention about the SSD settings...
The SSD and\or HDD must be "Initialized" properly before being Formatted, specifically for the type of Bios your are using...
"GPT" for "UEFI" Bios, and "MBR" for the older "Legacy" Bios..
slance310,
Won't windows install flag this when you go through the installation process.?
Hi,
Normally yes...
Some machines will automatically switch the Bios settings from UEFI to Legacy or vice\versa, based on the boot media, which can confuse the process...
I have one of these.. At times this is convenient, and others is a real pain.
The intel rapid storage driver version 12.9 is the only version i can download the others when i start the installed it says platform not supported. I installed irst drivers in order to disable agressive LPM cause i read it somewhere as a fix. So what i should now?
so if I understand correctly I should initialize the ssd to MBR (dont know what is that I will just googled it) and then reinstall windows after taking out the the second ram module (the new one).
and if this doesnt work means the ssd is faulty?useless?