Blue screen after upgrading HDD with SSD

Anonymous
2018-10-18T21:53:48+00:00

Hello community members,

I have a toshiba satelite L850 1DV and I though to upgrade it with an SSD and additional RAM. The RAM so far was OK working perfectly with the old toshiba HDD, to be expected as it was suggested by the retailer from whom I bought the laptop.

But the Patriot Burst 240 GB SSD that I choose has made me crazy. It keeps freezing my laptop every now and then and giving me a bluescreen and whatever I try doesnt work.

Firmaware is updated, checked the patriots tool, I have installed Intel RST and disabled LPM, have changed the advanced power settings, have disabled disk indexing and all the things that come as solutions in a google search for that matter. Have checked the disk for errors through cmd and patriots tool. Also please note that I have kept me old HDD as second drive for more space through a HDD optical disk caddy.

So could anyone please help and give me any insights because I need to be able to work and save files on this laptop for my studies.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Neil D 34,340 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-10-19T11:30:41+00:00

    Have you tried resetting bios to default.

    What mode is the SATA set to in the bios.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-19T11:19:39+00:00

    I did that still nothing after a blue screen. Shall i give you something from the event viewer or it has to do with the paging file settings?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-19T01:42:46+00:00

    Change the "Write debugging information" to "Automatic memory dump" > OK

    That way both a minidump and memory.dmp should be created.

    However sometimes the dump files are not created.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-19T00:40:37+00:00

    Neither memory.dmp exists i will post a print screen of my settings

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-19T00:21:12+00:00

    Under "Startup and Recovery" how are you set up for "System failure" ?

    Also, does the following file exist?:

    C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments