slance310,
Won't windows install flag this when you go through the installation process.?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello community members,
I have a toshiba satelite L850 1DV and I though to upgrade it with an SSD and additional RAM. The RAM so far was OK working perfectly with the old toshiba HDD, to be expected as it was suggested by the retailer from whom I bought the laptop.
But the Patriot Burst 240 GB SSD that I choose has made me crazy. It keeps freezing my laptop every now and then and giving me a bluescreen and whatever I try doesnt work.
Firmaware is updated, checked the patriots tool, I have installed Intel RST and disabled LPM, have changed the advanced power settings, have disabled disk indexing and all the things that come as solutions in a google search for that matter. Have checked the disk for errors through cmd and patriots tool. Also please note that I have kept me old HDD as second drive for more space through a HDD optical disk caddy.
So could anyone please help and give me any insights because I need to be able to work and save files on this laptop for my studies.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
slance310,
Won't windows install flag this when you go through the installation process.?
Hi,
One detail I forgot to mention about the SSD settings...
The SSD and\or HDD must be "Initialized" properly before being Formatted, specifically for the type of Bios your are using...
"GPT" for "UEFI" Bios, and "MBR" for the older "Legacy" Bios..
Hi,
It is possible that The RAM developed a problem after some "Burn In", or break in time... And as neilpzz mentioned, it's connection may have been loosened when installing the SSD...
It is also possible that the SSD could trigger memory problems that did not appear with the HDD due to it's much faster speed..
There is really nothing special required in the way of settings for a SSD..
They are normally a simple replacement for a HDD... Just plug them in...
Some SSDs require the Bios be set to AHCI for them to function, but not all..
It is also possible that the SSD has a problem that is not appearing in the testing... The SSD has a controller chip\firmware that may have issues that would not necessarily show up in a performance test of it's actual memory..
As a general precaution create a System Restore Point prior to installing storage drivers.
The Event Logs show that the system is experiencing system halts and "The system watchdog timer was triggered." errors but no blue screen errors appears to be logged.
There appears to be an issue with the Intel Rapid Storage driver so try installing the following driver from Intel which I believe is the latest for the Series 7 chipset:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26759...
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.