cannot save word files after 1809 update

Anonymous
2018-10-03T20:24:23+00:00

my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013...

Any ideas what i can do?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-24T14:40:08+00:00

    I have the same problem with saving word documents and don't have any COM add-in enabled. Is there others solution to resolve this problem. This is no solution to uninstall the 1809 update. I have two diffrent stations with the same windows (10.0.17763-17763) and Office 2016 and only one of them I recognize this problem. On the second one I can even enable com add-in.

    Please find out the solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-27T16:46:06+00:00

    I run Office 2007 and have same problem, tried all suggestions unsuccessfully (uninstalling re-installing worked first time around but no longer after reboot) same issue with a pdf manager I use PDF shaper and NAPS2 a scan program. Gave up and I am back to 1803 blocking 1809 update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-09T06:19:54+00:00

    Whg1337, that's a very cool solution. My problem in Word 2016 under Win 10 v.1809 was quite different -- perhaps both had been updated by December.  "Compare two versions of a document" didn't work.  Removing one COM add-in solved that problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-12-10T12:45:42+00:00

    OK simaler problem seams after last update office 2010 will not save in any format

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments