cannot save word files after 1809 update

Anonymous
2018-10-03T20:24:23+00:00

my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013...

Any ideas what i can do?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-07T20:31:38+00:00

    Hi, thanks for giving a solution, however in my case it does not work because I do not have any COM complements, I already try blocking Microsoft complements and the problem persists. I hope another solution can be delivered soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-09T13:31:40+00:00

    I have exact the same issue.

    It is the COM Add-in "Microsoft Office Remote Support for Word" that causes this issue. Disable it and it works again. Although considered a work-around.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-09T17:04:51+00:00

    How can I disable that? I do not have any COM add-in enabled

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-14T08:00:37+00:00

    I cant save AutoCad after 1809 update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-21T07:28:28+00:00

    Since we rolled out 1809, multiple users complained that they cannot save files from Word. The issue seems to be the COM add-ins. When we disable all COM add-ins the issue disappears. It also doesn't matter if it is Office 2016 apps, or Office 365 apps.

    Tested with multiple add-ins, but the add-ins themselves do not seem to be the issue. Our testing scenario:

    PC1 has two add-ins: Add-in A, B

    PC2 has four add-ins: Add-in A, B, C & D

    PC ADD-IN A ADD-IN B ADD-IN C ADD-IN D Saving works?
    PC1 Active Disabled No
    PC1 Disabled Active No
    PC1 Disabled Disabled Yes
    PC2 Disabled Disabled Active Active No
    PC2 Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Yes

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments