Same issue here, upgraded to 1809 and can't save any Word documents. I've already tried multiple Office online repairs. The save button does NOTHING, I've also noticed that Save As - > Browse has no effect. The location does not matter, I've tried on my local hard drive, OneDrive folders, network drives, etc. Looks like another MS screw up...
cannot save word files after 1809 update
my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013...
Any ideas what i can do?
Thanks
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-10-04T17:53:11+00:00 -
Neil D 34,310 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2018-10-04T14:47:19+00:00 I haven't encountered the bug. I can say that Word 2003 works on my Preview build, which has been at 1809 for some time which is why I suggested rolling back until MS issue a fix.
I suggest using the Feedback Hub to make sure the developers know of the problem. You can post a link here and others can upvote.
-
Anonymous
2018-10-04T14:18:29+00:00 FYI, multiple users in our organization have also reported this issue after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. Rollback seems to fix it.
Happening across multiple versions/channels/architectures of Office (2013, 365 / Monthly, Insider / x86, x64).
Opened a support case with Microsoft, they are aware of the issue.
As bad as this bug is, thank goodness it's not just me who is experiencing it! It is indeed present on Microsoft Office 2013, 2016 and 2019 and nothing seems to fix it.
If Microsoft are aware of the issue, then they should release an update as soon as possible. I've been able to circumvent the problem by copy/pasting entire Word documents into Google Docs, then downloading them back as finished .docx files. This is very tedious to do, however, so I am hoping they will get to the bottom of it sooner rather than later!
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2018-10-04T12:28:28+00:00 FYI, multiple users in our organization have also reported this issue after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. Rollback seems to fix it.
Happening across multiple versions/channels/architectures of Office (2013, 365 / Monthly, Insider / x86, x64).
Opened a support case with Microsoft, they are aware of the issue.