cannot save word files after 1809 update

Anonymous
2018-10-03T20:24:23+00:00

my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013...

Any ideas what i can do?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-04T20:14:57+00:00

    Hi! I found the fix of the problem (another user had tried my fix and worked), 

    I did these steps:

    1. Run word as administrator (Shortcut > Compatibility > 'Run as Administrator)
    2. Start Word and then go to File > Options > Add-ins,

    * Under manage tab ''Manage: COM Add-ins'' GO

    * Deselect all add-ins and then type Ok.

    1. Restart Word

    Now when I click on 'Browse' it pops us the window, just as normal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-04T19:53:42+00:00

    You can try my fix as described below:

    I did these steps and it seems have (temporarily) fixed the saving problem for me:

    1. Run word as administrator (Shortcut > Compatibility > 'Run as Administrator)
    2. Start Word and then go to File > Options > Add-ins,

    * Under manage tab ''Manage: COM Add-ins'' GO

    * Deselect all add-ins and then type Ok.

    1. Restart Word

    Now when I click on 'Browse' it pops us the window, just as normal.

    Oh my God, this actually works! Thank you so much for sharing this with us, you saved me several more hours of pointlessly fiddling with other settings! :D

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-04T19:31:24+00:00

    You can try my fix as described below:

    I did these steps and it seems have (temporarily) fixed the saving problem for me:

    1. Run word as administrator (Shortcut > Compatibility > 'Run as Administrator)
    2. Start Word and then go to File > Options > Add-ins,

    * Under manage tab ''Manage: COM Add-ins'' GO

    * Deselect all add-ins and then type Ok.

    1. Restart Word

    Now when I click on 'Browse' it pops us the window, just as normal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-04T18:25:44+00:00

    Same issue here, upgraded to 1809 and can't save any Word documents.  I've already tried multiple Office online repairs. The save button does NOTHING, I've also noticed that Save As - > Browse has no effect.  The location does not matter, I've tried on my local hard drive, OneDrive folders, network drives, etc.   Looks like another MS screw up...

    This is exactly what has been happening in my case too ever since the 1809 update. I actually lost a whole page of work last night before realising why Word was not saving my progress any longer...

    I sure hope Microsoft will issue a fix as soon as possible, this is ridiculous! x(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments