cannot save word files after 1809 update

Anonymous
2018-10-03T20:24:23+00:00

my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013...

Any ideas what i can do?

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-09T13:31:40+00:00

    I have exact the same issue.

    It is the COM Add-in "Microsoft Office Remote Support for Word" that causes this issue. Disable it and it works again. Although considered a work-around.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-07T20:31:38+00:00

    Hi, thanks for giving a solution, however in my case it does not work because I do not have any COM complements, I already try blocking Microsoft complements and the problem persists. I hope another solution can be delivered soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-05T07:07:01+00:00

    It could be. In my case, it's not only the acrobat add-in, but also the additional add-ins from Microsoft, OneNote ect. I have tested it, one by one and I have to disable all Add-ins to make it work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-05T06:15:06+00:00

    You can try my fix as described below:

    I did these steps and it seems have (temporarily) fixed the saving problem for me:

    1. Run word as administrator (Shortcut > Compatibility > 'Run as Administrator)
    2. Start Word and then go to File > Options > Add-ins,

    * Under manage tab ''Manage: COM Add-ins'' GO

    * Deselect all add-ins and then type Ok.

    1. Restart Word

    Now when I click on 'Browse' it pops us the window, just as normal.

    Thanks for the tip, that worked for me.  In my case it was the Adobe Acrobat add-in, maybe that's related to the root cause?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-04T20:16:58+00:00

    You are welcome. Glad to help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments