I run Office 2007 and have same problem, tried all suggestions unsuccessfully (uninstalling re-installing worked first time around but no longer after reboot) same issue with a pdf manager I use PDF shaper and NAPS2 a scan program. Gave up and I am back to 1803 blocking 1809 update.
cannot save word files after 1809 update
my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013...
Any ideas what i can do?
Thanks
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-11-27T16:46:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-11-24T14:40:08+00:00 I have the same problem with saving word documents and don't have any COM add-in enabled. Is there others solution to resolve this problem. This is no solution to uninstall the 1809 update. I have two diffrent stations with the same windows (10.0.17763-17763) and Office 2016 and only one of them I recognize this problem. On the second one I can even enable com add-in.
Please find out the solution.
-
Anonymous
2018-11-21T07:28:28+00:00 Since we rolled out 1809, multiple users complained that they cannot save files from Word. The issue seems to be the COM add-ins. When we disable all COM add-ins the issue disappears. It also doesn't matter if it is Office 2016 apps, or Office 365 apps.
Tested with multiple add-ins, but the add-ins themselves do not seem to be the issue. Our testing scenario:
PC1 has two add-ins: Add-in A, B
PC2 has four add-ins: Add-in A, B, C & D
PC ADD-IN A ADD-IN B ADD-IN C ADD-IN D Saving works? PC1 Active Disabled No PC1 Disabled Active No PC1 Disabled Disabled Yes PC2 Disabled Disabled Active Active No PC2 Disabled Disabled Disabled Disabled Yes -
Anonymous
2018-11-14T08:00:37+00:00 I cant save AutoCad after 1809 update
-
Anonymous
2018-10-09T17:04:51+00:00 How can I disable that? I do not have any COM add-in enabled