Windows 10 Blue Screen

Anonymous
2018-10-26T04:43:52+00:00

I'm getting frequent blue screens on my Windows 10 64bit install.  Here's my sad tale:

I upgraded from Win 7 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit, but found my Intel H67 chipset wasn't getting 64 bit drivers... so in order to keep using my i7-2600 2nd gen Intel CPU and other bits I upgraded to a Z77 chipset motherboard. 

I wasn't sure how Windows 10 would handle the board swap.  It was a valiant struggle I'm sure, but the change was unstable.  So I started loading drivers from the motherboard mfg.  That helped somewhat but still getting some blue screens.  So I've attached my minidumps and sysinfo.  Thank you for your help! 

minidumps and sysinfo: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hh7uTSzgvsAR4YgY

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-29T02:40:19+00:00

    The latest crash again blames Logitech SetPoint Unifying KMDF USB Filter

    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for LMouFilt.Sys

    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for LMouFilt.Sys

    LMouFilt+0x8c8d

    AV might be playing a part. Are you using any other than Windows Defender?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-29T04:05:52+00:00

    Thanks for the direction Sumit - I will investigate the Logitech issue. 

    My AV is ESET NOD32.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-29T10:28:23+00:00

    In that case, I would suggest you to uninstall ESET for a day or two and switch to Windows Defender, at least to narrow down if it is playing a part.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-29T17:01:25+00:00

    I looked into that possibility and didn't find any liklihood that NOD32 was conflicting with Windows 10.  The more likely scenario is that Win10 was unable to adjust from swapping motherboards, which included a switch from a H67 to Z77 chipsets.  I don't fully fault Windows because its not detecting the version of my motherboard so how could it know which chipset drivers to install.  But even after I install them there's something else going on obviously (maybe its a hardware issue, but I hope not). 

    So I just performed a clean install of Win 10 64bit.  I am updating the installation and installing a bare minimum of drivers.  I am relying on Windows Defender at first to test your suggestion.  Many say its an adequate AV solution.  I will update if I get a blue screen over the next few days, or close the thread by the end of the week.  Fingers crosses and many thanks for your help - I couldn't have come to this conclusion without your guidance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-29T18:16:26+00:00

    System had two blue screens during the updates and base driver installs.  Then ran without a hiccup for 3/4 of an hour without a problem.  Since the crashes are not predictable then perhaps its hardware dependent. 

    Latest minidump uploaded:

    https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hh7uTSzgvsAR4YgY

    I've tested the CPU with Intel's program and it passed the tests.  I will test the memory next with memtest.  Just need to make a bootable USB drive with it.  It may not be the memory specifically, since this memory ran fine on my old motherboard, but the used motherboard I purchased may have memory slot problems.  I'm guessing a memory test will be susceptible to a motherboard problem related to the memory.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments