Windows 10 Blue Screen

Anonymous
2018-10-26T04:43:52+00:00

I'm getting frequent blue screens on my Windows 10 64bit install.  Here's my sad tale:

I upgraded from Win 7 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit, but found my Intel H67 chipset wasn't getting 64 bit drivers... so in order to keep using my i7-2600 2nd gen Intel CPU and other bits I upgraded to a Z77 chipset motherboard. 

I wasn't sure how Windows 10 would handle the board swap.  It was a valiant struggle I'm sure, but the change was unstable.  So I started loading drivers from the motherboard mfg.  That helped somewhat but still getting some blue screens.  So I've attached my minidumps and sysinfo.  Thank you for your help! 

minidumps and sysinfo: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hh7uTSzgvsAR4YgY

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-26T23:31:15+00:00

    Uploaded this mornings minidump:

    https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hh7uTSzgvsAR4YgY

    You will also find one other minidump - one time stamped from when the computer was just starting up, but there was no blue screen... maybe a bit slow responding at first.  Odd. 

    I'm now looking into Logitech. 

    UPDATE: Logitech Unifying Software was up to date.  SetPoint was older so I updated it.  I also updated their Solar App.  The Unifying drivers were up to date, but when investigating I did see my old mouse and keyboard were still paired, so I unpaired them. 

    If another Blue Screen happens I'll post up the minidump.  Happened; uploaded one more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-26T14:21:57+00:00

    Work is more important of course :)

    Please upload when apt.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-26T14:01:09+00:00

    Those are OK..Look into Logitech ones. Disable them temporarily and use alternative keyboard and mouse to see if still BSOD is caused.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-26T14:00:14+00:00

    Ah, blue screen before i could even shut down... Will upload minidump later.  I have to run to all day meetings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-10-26T13:49:44+00:00

    Thank you for your direction Vijay_Verma,

    I have already dealt with the display drivers.  There was a more recent driver, but as you said my driver wasn't that old.  I will pursue Logitech after I've tested the system for awhile (later today or over the weekend).  But I thought it might be relevant to share screen captures of my Device Manager to show just how many HID-compliant devices are installed - it seems excessive. 

    I also scrolled down so you all could see my System and USB Devices, which likewise have some redundancies. 

    JPEGS of Device Manager uploaded to the folder: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hh7uTSzgvsAR4YgY

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments