Windows 10 Blue Screen

Anonymous
2018-10-26T04:43:52+00:00

I'm getting frequent blue screens on my Windows 10 64bit install.  Here's my sad tale:

I upgraded from Win 7 32 bit to Win 10 64 bit, but found my Intel H67 chipset wasn't getting 64 bit drivers... so in order to keep using my i7-2600 2nd gen Intel CPU and other bits I upgraded to a Z77 chipset motherboard. 

I wasn't sure how Windows 10 would handle the board swap.  It was a valiant struggle I'm sure, but the change was unstable.  So I started loading drivers from the motherboard mfg.  That helped somewhat but still getting some blue screens.  So I've attached my minidumps and sysinfo.  Thank you for your help! 

minidumps and sysinfo: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hh7uTSzgvsAR4YgY

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-19T16:33:59+00:00

    I will be out of town for the next week, so I won't get to continue testing the system until Saturday.  But I can say that I've had zero crashes since disabling the ASMedia USB 3.0 controller in BIOS, but only two days of testing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-18T19:48:05+00:00

    I couldn't really confirm my ASMedia USB 3.0 controller chip model, so I couldn't figure out which firmware (potential updates) or which driver, so I simply disabled the chip in BIOS settings.  I don't need the ports. 

    I have zero USB 3.0 devices.  So I might just disable the Intel USB 3.0 ports, particularly given the fact that there's a problem with USB 3.0 generating RF in the 2.4ghz range that can conflict with some wifi devices on that channel - like my Logitech unifying receiver and my ASUS N53 wifi adapter... dont' believe me?  Here:

    https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/io/universal-serial-bus/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.html

    But for now I have two 2m USB extension cables ordered to move my USB 2.0 wifi devices that use 2.4ghz away from the computer.  There was one report of getting such devices at least a few feet away helped with their issues.  If this does it I'm going to raise Cain on the USB standards committee for this, ah (generosity is always good), oversight on their part.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-15T21:32:05+00:00

    I don't have another keyboard or mouse.  Could borrow from work - USB only I assume since PS2 might avoid the underlying issue(s).  I will work on the drivers you noted soon, but the Logitech and Nividia drivers were already replaced, several times.  The Asmedia USB driver is a new, interesting suspect. 

    Keyboard: Logitech K750

    Mouse: Logitech M705

    Monitors: Samsung Syncmasters BX2331 (on DVI) & T260HD (on HDMI)

    Memory is Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 (2x8GB) (CMY16GX3M2A1600C9B)

    I tested the memory with memtest86 v7.5 - zero errors with both modules installed.  Here's a screen grab part way thru:

    png uploaded: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hjnBWR8wqiuELwba

    By the way, the modules are not installed in the same channel.  One is in a red slot; one in a black slot.  I can't get the first red or black slots to work, so I'm using the second red and black slots.  This could mean I have a problem pin on my CPU but I've run Intel's Processor Diagnostic Tool (64bit) and it passed. 

    Additional System Info:

    motherboard: ASUS Maximus V Gene (LGA 1155, Intel Z77 Express chipset)

    BIOS: v1903 (latest available, but from 2013)

    CPU: Intel 2nd Gen i7-2600 (I have a working LGA 1155 Core-i5 CPU too)

    memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 (2x8GB) - CMY16GX3M2A1600C9B (recent)

    C: drive: Samsung EVO 840 250GB (recent)

    PSU: Corsair RM750x (new)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-15T20:47:39+00:00

    List the mouse, keyboard, and monitor hardware.

    Do you have another keyboard or mouse?

    Post into the thread whether the computer has DDR3 or DDR4 RAM.

    There are 2 modules, each 8 GB RAM.

    Test the RAM with:

    Memtest86+ version 5.01 if it is DDR3:  https://www.memtest.org/

    Memtest86 version 7.5 if it is DDR4:  https://www.memtest86.com/

    Testing is not done by time but by passes.

    Each test must be 8 or more passes.

    Approximate testing time for Memtest 86+ version 5.01 is 1 - 2 hours / GB RAM

    Testing must be continuous and a significant portion of the testing can be performed overnight.

    Just 1 error is a test fail and testing can be aborted.

    If there is a test fail remove all RAM modules and test each module in the same DIMM for 8 or more passes.

    For each test use a camera or smartphone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.

    Uninstall and reinstall these drivers:  (replace any recurrent driver too)

    1. asmtxhci.sys

    Asmedia USB 3.0 driver

    http://www.asmedia.com.tw/eng/e\_products\_list.php?item=83&cate\_index=0

    asmtxhci     ASMedia XHCI Service   ASMedia XHCI         4/10/2016 11:15:42 PM  C:\Windows\system32\drivers\asmtxhci.sys    

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows\_10-update/updating-a-driver/a5e6345e-af9b-4099-bef0-8d22254aa1c1

    1. LMouFilt.Sys

    Logitech SetPoint HID Filter Driver

    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/support\_downloads/downloads/&cl=us,en

    lmoufilt    Logitech SetPoint KMDF Mouse Filter Driver  4/3/2018 9:59:44 AM    C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\LMouFilt.Sys    

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows\_10-update/updating-a-driver/a5e6345e-af9b-4099-bef0-8d22254aa1c1

    1. uninstall the Nvidia GPU driver using DDU (display driver uninstaller)
    2. re-install the Nvidia GPU driver from the Nvidia website
    3. make sure that you check the clean install box and if available install the physx driver.

    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.2 (or newer version if available)

    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/367109-display-driver-uninstaller-how-use.html

    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/display\_driver\_uninstaller.html

    Name    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

    PNP Device ID    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C82&SUBSYS_62533842&REV_A1\4&2ECE1234&0&0008

    Driver    c:\windows\system32\driverstore\filerepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_6992f55a2cc4b209\nvlddmkm.sys (25.21.14.1694, 19.43 MB (20,371,952 bytes), 11/14/2018 6:35 AM)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-15T18:18:16+00:00

    A crash this morning; uploaded new 7zip here:

    https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArNe4-q6Tz36hjnBWR8wqiuELwba

    Previous 7z archives in the "archive" folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments