I have been using it for a few days now... it's like a totally new version of windows 10. So many of the nagging issues are fixed. You can now uninstall unwanted Apps too. Yes it's developers build... but for me, it's better than the current version that was recently released. I'll stick with this developers build until the final version is released next year.
Media Created property not showing-disappeared and cannot be set. Error 0xc00d3e8e
Ever since the last major windows 10 update, I cannot set a date at the Media Created property of any of my mp4 files. Every time I try to do it, I get an error code 0xc00d3e8e along with a message telling me that "The property is read-only". To add insult to injury, it seems that all my mp4 files have somehow lost the said date, tediously set by me previously.
What is wrong with you Windows guys????? How do I get back my hard work of archiving my media files???????
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-10-19T16:55:26+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-10-19T13:13:28+00:00 I know it's impossible to predict, but generally how long before these developers update get released to the public?
Thank you.
-
Anonymous
2018-10-19T07:36:04+00:00 This is encouraging news thanks. Ill wait for the full release as the developer one is showing a few teething issues at moment. Glad to see this appears to have been addressed in an upcoming Windows update.
-
Anonymous
2018-10-19T01:18:58+00:00 I just installed the windows 10 18262.1000 developer’s release. The “read only” problem is fixed in this version. Dates are appearing as they should and can be edited. You just have to get used to a build number watermark in the lower right corner. Lol
-
Anonymous
2018-10-17T19:30:34+00:00 I converted my MTS to MOV and it doesn't have the problem, i.e. the Media Created property is not populated for MOVs. I'm using iSkysoft Media Converter to do the conversions.
So do all MP4's have this property? Is it a requirement of the MP4 standard?
This needs fixing Microsoft, a developer comment would be much appreciated.