See what happens if you try to set it up using Advanced IMAP settings:
Can't Add Gmail Account To Windows 10 Mail App (Error code: 0x8000000b)
Hello,
I've been trying to set up my Gmail on my new Dell laptop, but keep getting error message 0x8000000b. Could someone please assist me?
Thank you.
*Modified title for accuracy*
*Original title: How do I fix Error Code: 0x8000000b?*
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
54 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-09-21T00:25:53+00:00 Hi Greg,
Thanks for responding. I did all of the updates and multiple restarts, but am still getting the same error message. When I try to setup my Gmail email, I get all the way to the screen to allow Windows access, but once I click Allow error code 0x8000000b pops up.
Thanks.
-
Anonymous
2018-09-20T23:52:42+00:00 Hi リサビンモーラー. I'm Greg, an installation specialist and 9 year Windows MVP, here to help you.
Make sure you've completely updated the new laptop: Type Check for Updates in Start Search, expedite them all through all required restarts. Then go back for more until none are offered.
Then follow this guide to set up Windows 10 Mail: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2488072,00...
If there are problems, report back the exact behavior and error message. What often works is to remove the account, restart and add it back.
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.
________________________________________________________
Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.