See what happens if you try to set it up using Advanced IMAP settings:
Can't Add Gmail Account To Windows 10 Mail App (Error code: 0x8000000b)
Hello,
I've been trying to set up my Gmail on my new Dell laptop, but keep getting error message 0x8000000b. Could someone please assist me?
Thank you.
*Modified title for accuracy*
*Original title: How do I fix Error Code: 0x8000000b?*
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
54 additional answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-09-24T21:45:31+00:00 Hi all, Your help is greatly appreciated.
I thought that I followed the steps to get my Google account linked and see it listed as an account in Mail.
However, I have a warning sign by that account. (looks like the hazard button in my car)
The warning is :We couldn't access this account: Google You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device.
That email is already accessed on this device - I was just trying to get it to show in this "outlook"mail.
Any ideas are welcome.
-
Anonymous
2018-09-23T12:13:59+00:00 I have been battling with the same issue for hours (days) now.
I have done a full reset of my Surface Book.
My other Windows 10 PC is able to connect without issue.
I can connect the account using the advanced/IMAP option, but this does not sync the Calendar which is the only thing I want to be able to do.
This is infuriating and driving me insane. I am also clearly not the only one. Why has this not been fixed?
Same code... 0x8000000b
-
Anonymous
2018-09-21T01:11:29+00:00 Glad to hear it.
Let us know if there's anything else.
If not then you can mark the post which helped most as the Answer, to help others.
-
Anonymous
2018-09-21T01:05:11+00:00 That fixed it! Thanks so much for your help.
Best