Can't Add Gmail Account To Windows 10 Mail App (Error code: 0x8000000b)

Anonymous
2018-09-20T23:44:51+00:00

Hello,

I've been trying to set up my Gmail on my new Dell laptop, but keep getting error message 0x8000000b. Could someone please assist me?

Thank you.

*Modified title for accuracy*

*Original title: How do I fix Error Code: 0x8000000b?*

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-09-21T00:41:53+00:00

See what happens if you try to set it up using Advanced IMAP settings:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

54 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-07T06:50:54+00:00

    I had the 0x8000000b error while trying to sync 2 out of my 3 gmail accounts. I had a chat with a very professional Microsoft tech, and he opened a ticket. The fix just rolled out, as of today October 7 (at least for me it's fixed). Have a nice day!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-05T13:15:06+00:00

    I can't access my Gmail calendar in the Win10 calendar app. I can set up and access my gmail account in the Windows 10 email app using the Advanced setup option and the server settings etc specified by several contributors but it does not link my calendar. To get Gmail access, I had to go to my Google account settings to allow access as one post advised.  Perhaps I can only access to the Gmail calendar by adding a "Google account" rather than through "Advanced setup" but that is when I get the 0x8000000b error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-04T04:10:08+00:00

    I've been trying to set up my Gmail on my new Dell laptop, but keep getting error message 0x8000000b. Could someone please assist me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-28T09:04:39+00:00

    Try this:

    Open your browser and open your Google account settings (not Gmail settings!).

    Open Sign in & security tab and scroll down a little bit until you see on your right side of the screen App passwords.

    Open it and Select app - Mail,Select device - Windows.

    Do not close the yellowish window yet leave it open and go to your Windows Mail app.

    Take in the app add profile and choose the lowest setting - Advanced setup.

    Enter your email, login (same as email but without @gmail.com) and in the password window copy that yellow password you generated in Google account settings before.

    Enter other settings as desired (your name, account name).

    Enter IMAP settings Incoming - imap.gmail.com, Outgoing - smtp.gmail.com

    Leave every box ticked in at the bottom of this setup and hit create or whatever it says there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments