Can't Add Gmail Account To Windows 10 Mail App (Error code: 0x8000000b)

Anonymous
2018-09-20T23:44:51+00:00

Hello,

I've been trying to set up my Gmail on my new Dell laptop, but keep getting error message 0x8000000b. Could someone please assist me?

Thank you.

*Modified title for accuracy*

*Original title: How do I fix Error Code: 0x8000000b?*

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-09-21T00:41:53+00:00

See what happens if you try to set it up using Advanced IMAP settings:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

54 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-25T06:32:53+00:00

    I am getting the error code ox8000000b when i configure one more  Gmail account

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-25T06:28:25+00:00

    Hi,

    Ive been having the same problem. Were you able to fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-24T21:45:31+00:00

    Hi all, Your help is  greatly appreciated.

      I thought that I followed the steps to get my Google account linked and see it listed as an account in Mail.

      However, I have a warning sign by that account.  (looks like the hazard button in my car)

    The warning is :We couldn't access this account: Google You might need to update your password or give the account permission to sync to this device.

    That email is already accessed on this device - I was just trying to get it to show in this "outlook"mail.

    Any ideas are welcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-23T12:13:59+00:00

    I have been battling with the same issue for hours (days) now.

    I have done a full reset of my Surface Book.

    My other Windows 10 PC is able to connect without issue.

    I can connect the account using the advanced/IMAP option, but this does not sync the Calendar which is the only thing I want to be able to do.

    This is infuriating and driving me insane. I am also clearly not the only one. Why has this not been fixed?

    Same code... 0x8000000b

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments