C Drive Overload

Anonymous
2018-07-10T19:08:17+00:00

I have been having problems with my C drive on my laptop. It has been overloaded for sometime and I am needing some assistance as to what I can do to get it back to normal. I have tried to optimize, and that doesn't seem to work and I don't want to delete anything. What can I do?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2018-07-11T19:23:49+00:00

Hi Jason, yes a lot of stuff - 3/4 of your hard drive was in that folder, you will have a lot of free space once that is done

Make sure to empty your Recycle Bin once that is done . . .

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-11T19:49:08+00:00

    I did and it said that it needed an Administrators permission. I just closed the tree. I can pull it back up and screenshot it for you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-07-11T19:52:20+00:00

    Hi Jason,

    Open Windows File Explorer (folder icon on your Taskbar)

    On the left, click 'This PC'

    On the right, double click your C Drive

    Can you see that N360 Backup folder

    Can you right click and delete it form there?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-07-11T19:52:53+00:00

    Permission to perform

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-07-11T19:56:12+00:00

    Hi Jason,

    Norton is definitely removed?

    Can you delete the sub folders of the N360 Backup folder one at a time, or is that also blocked?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments