C Drive Overload

Anonymous
2018-07-10T19:08:17+00:00

I have been having problems with my C drive on my laptop. It has been overloaded for sometime and I am needing some assistance as to what I can do to get it back to normal. I have tried to optimize, and that doesn't seem to work and I don't want to delete anything. What can I do?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2018-07-11T19:23:49+00:00

Hi Jason, yes a lot of stuff - 3/4 of your hard drive was in that folder, you will have a lot of free space once that is done

Make sure to empty your Recycle Bin once that is done . . .

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-11T17:27:59+00:00

    Snip Screenshot #3

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-11T17:32:19+00:00

    C Drive Snip Screenshot #4

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-07-11T17:36:32+00:00

    Hi Jason, thanks for that, the culprit is now obvious

    You are running Norton 360 backup

    It is creating disk image after disk image which is using up your whole hard drive . . .

    Think about it, you have about 148GB of actual data on your hard drive, yet your backup is 700GB - very wasteful !!

    And not only that, it is on the same hard drive. So if that hard drive fails, you loose your data and your backup . . .

    You should uninstall Norton 360

    Restart your PC

    Then, delete the top folder (N360 Backup) that is 704GB in size

    Then re-install Norton 360

    Try to setup an incremental backup in Norton 360

    Basically you want it to do an initial backup of everything, then only when you create a file or change a file, it should then just add that to the backup . . .

    I hope this helps you free up your hard drive and to create an economical backup routine . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-11T17:36:33+00:00

    C Drive Snip Screenshot #5

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments