C Drive Overload

Anonymous
2018-07-10T19:08:17+00:00

I have been having problems with my C drive on my laptop. It has been overloaded for sometime and I am needing some assistance as to what I can do to get it back to normal. I have tried to optimize, and that doesn't seem to work and I don't want to delete anything. What can I do?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2018-07-11T19:23:49+00:00

Hi Jason, yes a lot of stuff - 3/4 of your hard drive was in that folder, you will have a lot of free space once that is done

Make sure to empty your Recycle Bin once that is done . . .

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-07-11T17:15:26+00:00

    Hi Jason, if you type some taxt, like here is the screenshot and then add the screenshots, does Community then accept that - perhaps there is a problem on this forum at the moment - it happens a lot . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-11T17:17:03+00:00

    Here is the screen shot

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2018-07-11T17:23:06+00:00

    hi Jason thanks, that came through

    Most of your date (700GB) is some folder beginning with N and 145GB id in a fodler beginning with U - I cannot see the name on those folders . . .

    Expand that TreeSize window

    1.

    Click and drag the top of the name column to the right so I can see the names on those folders

    2 & 3

    You should also dig down into those folders to find the actual folder that contains all that data . . .

    Then please provide another screenshot . . .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-11T17:26:32+00:00

    Snip Screenshot #2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments